The Gog.com Summer Sale Festival has started. For those who never heard about Gog, it is games service and platform similarly to Steam or Origin but with noticeable differences. Apart from a strong focus on classic and independent games, Gog offers DRM-free games on its platform and has made the gaming client optional.
Many publishers choose not to deal with Gog or release only classic games that they own on Gog because of the lack of DRM.
The Summer Sale Festival brings free games that any customer may grab, Flash deals that require that you are on at the right time to get the deal, and a daily mix of new deals featured by the service.
Gog notes that games are discounted by up to 90% during the sale, and that more than 2000 games on the platform are available at a discount.
You find lots of classic games for $5 or less during the sale including complete or ultimate editions that include expansion packs or DLCs.
Since it would take a while to go through the offers, I’d like to present to you a top list of games that I can recommended wholeheartedly. Note that I like turn-based games, RPGs, simulations, and adventures the most.
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons for €3.79 — An action adventure game with puzzle and action elements, and an interesting story.
- Dragon Age: Origins – Ultimate Edition for €5.09 — Maybe the best release of the Dragon Age series. It is another RPG with tactical combat, character progression, and more.
- Heroes of Might and Magic III Complete for €3.39 — One of the best fantasy strategy games with turn-based tactics and an incredible number of campaigns and maps to play alone or with others.
- Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number for €3.79 — A dark and bloody action game.
- Panzer Corps Grand Campaign for €12.89 — World War II turn-based strategy game similarly to Panzer General series but modernized (Allied and Soviet campaigns also available).
- Party Hard 2 for €8.49 — another dark adult themed action game.
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire for €23.09– The second part of the popular RGP services by Obsidian Software. If you like classic roleplaying games such as Baldur’s Gate, you will certainly enjoy this one.
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic I and II for €3.19 (each) — One of the best roleplaying games in my opinion and one of Bioware’s early masterpieces. Start with the first game in the series and play the second game afterward.
The Gog Summer Sale Festival ends on June 17, 2019, enough time to buy a couple of classic games to play them for the first time or replay them if you have played them in the past already.
Now You: do you play games? Any recommendations?
Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks)). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Gog Summer Sale Festival: buy thousands of discounted DRM-free games appeared first on gHacks Technology News.