With the add-ons community spread out among multiple projects and several communication platforms, it can feel difficult to stay connected and informed.
To help bridge some of these gaps, here is a quick refresher guide on our most-used communication channels and how you can use them to stay updated about the areas you care about most.
Announcements will continue to be posted to the Add-ons Blog and cross-posted to Discourse.
Get Technical Help
- Ask and answer questions about add-on development or addons.mozilla.org (AMO) on the dev-addons mailing list
- Get help transitioning your legacy add-on or porting your Chrome extension by emailing the webextensions-support mailing list, or see other help options on this wiki
- Post a question in the Add-ons > Development category on Discourse
- Ask for help with themes in the Add-ons > Themes category on Discourse
- Find us on irc.mozilla.org in channels #addons, #extdev, or #webextensions
Join a Public Meeting
Please feel welcome to join any or all of the following public meetings:
Add-ons Community Meeting (every other Tuesday at 17:00 UTC)
Join the add-ons community as we discuss current and upcoming happenings in the add-ons world. Agendas will be posted in advance to the Add-ons > Contribute category on Discourse. See the wiki for the next meeting date and call-in information.
Good First Bugs Triage (every other Tuesday at 17:00 UTC)
Come and help triage good first bugs for new contributors! See the wiki for the next meeting date and call-in information.
WebExtensions API Triage (every Tuesday at 17:30 UTC)
Join us to discuss proposals for new WebExtension APIs. Agendas are distributed in advance to the dev-addons mailing list and the Add-ons > Contribute category on Discourse. See the wiki for the next meeting date and call-in information. To request a new API, please read this first.
Be Social With Us
- We are on Twitter as @mozamo, @MozWebExt, and @rockyourfirefox.
- We post featured add-ons and other interesting news for add-on users to Facebook.
- Chat with fellow add-on developers in the Telegram group @addonschat.
- Join the conversation on Discourse!
Check out the Contribute wiki for ways you can get involved.